Uploading a Bank Statement
- Go to Bank Statements under the Banking tab.
- Select a bank account from the drop down under the title.
*Note: Make sure that at least 1 bank account is created for your company, if not, you can create that under chart of account.
- Upload a bank statement from your bank by clicking the Upload Bank Statement button.
*Note: Currently, Eleven supports only a specific format of bank statement. Please find the csv template here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CJ2secczzC9zsRm2pdBPYyq-Q2d0CUXm
- On this page, to the right, please click the Import CSV button
- Download the template and then complete your own CSV.
- Import the CSV using the same interface.
- Refer to the template if you receive error message.
Connect to a Bank Account
- Go to Settings in the Invoicing app.
- Click on Connect to a Bank Account
- Search for the bank institution of your bank account.
- Key in your credentials accordingly.
- Follow instructions to verify your login. Type ‘Yes’ when authentication is done and click on submit.
- By default, all accounts will be added. Click on the delete icon to remove the account you do not want to keep.
- Click on Save and Finish when done.
Import Bank Feed
- At the Banking screen, under the Actions menu, click on Import from bank feed.
- Select the account of bank type you want to import your bank feed to.
- Select a connected bank account.
- Select to import all available transactions, or select a date range.
- Click import Save and Import.
Reconciling a Bank Statement Line
- In Bank Statements, go to the reconcile mode by clicking Reconcile.
- Select a bank statement line to be reconciled by checking the checkbox of the corresponding line on the left.
*Note: You can select multiple bank account transactions to reconcile to multiple transaction lines.
- Select related bank account transactions recorded in Eleven on the right by checking the checkbox.
- Click Reconcile.
Viewing a Reconciliation
- In Bank Statements, identify a bank statement line you want to view.
Note: The bank statement line should be reconciled. Reconciled lines are the ones with a check mark under the reconciled column.
- Click on the check mark of the line you want to check.
- You should be able to view the reconciled pair in a modal.
Viewing a Journal Entry
- To view a transaction journal entry, click on the icon at the top right corner of the transaction line.
Creating Payment or Receipt Base on Bank Transaction
- In Bank Statements, click on the Reconcile.
- Select a bank statement line. If the selected line does not have an available transaction to reconcile with, you can click on the Create Deposit/Withdrawal tab to create a transaction.
- Fill in the necessary information. Once you are done, click on the Create & Reconcile.
*Note: You can also create a payment or receipt in the General Ledger.
Click here to learn how: Creating Payments & Receipts
Matching Transactions After Creating and Reconciling a Payment or Receipt
- After creating and reconciling a receipt or payment, click on Match Transaction in the prompt message.
- Select a transaction in the list to match with. If there is no available transaction, click on the Resolve check box to add a transaction. Amount has to match the payment or receipt amount.
- Fill in the necessary information. Once you are done, click on the Match
*Note: You can also match transactions in the General Ledger.
Click here to learn how: Matching Journal Entries Manually